Absolutely love this product! I hand out as free samples to all my patients! I have used it on my charlie horses, lactic acid build up in my legs as well as sprains and strains! the results are amazing!
Magnesium Chloride Spray with Lavender
Magnesium Chloride Spray is topical magnesium, which means it penetrates the skin, delivering magnesium directly to cells.
The spray bottle makes it easy to use anytime, anywhere, and because it’s pre-diluted with distilled water, even those with sensitive skin can enjoy the benefits of transdermal magnesium and lavender. That’s why Magnesium Chloride Spray is the right choice for adults and kids alike.
For full-strength transdermal magnesium, see our Magnesium Chloride Liquid in the cap top bottle.
magnesium absorbed through the skin is fast and effective.
Directions for Use
Suggested Use: Spray directly onto skin anywhere on the face or body, avoiding the eyes. Product should be fully dried before bathing or washing the skin.
For restless legs, spray on legs before sleep.
To make a hot compress, spray onto tight, tired muscles. Take a small towel and wet it in hot water (as hot as is comfortable). Place over sore area and allow the heat of the compress to drive the magnesium into the skin. When the compress cools, repeat.
Read our Ultimate Guide to Transdermal Magnesium for more information.
For children, follow these general guidelines:
- Ages 1 – 3: up to 12 sprays daily
- Ages 4 – 8: up to 20 sprays daily
- Ages 9+: up to 40 sprays daily
Ingredients: Magnesium chloride. Each 1ml of spray contains 225mg of magnesium chloride, equivalent to 60mg of elemental magnesium.
Non-medicinal ingredients: Distilled water. Contains no fragrance
Cautions and Warnings: For external use only. Keep away from the eyes. This product is pre-diluted, and should not cause skin sensitivity; however, should you experience redness, rash or irritation, further dilute the product by adding water.
Can you really absorb magnesium through the skin?
Consider the evidence from clinical studies:
- A transdermal magnesium oil with a 31% magnesium concentration applied to the skin and via a foot bath was found to increase cellular magnesium concentration by 59.7% in 89% of study participants, measured through hair analysis1
- In a two-week pilot study, blood serum and urinary magnesium concentration significantly increased in a subgroup of non-athletes following the low-dose application of 56 mg of transdermal magnesium cream per day2
- Intracellular magnesium concentration significantly increased following the application of a transdermal magnesium chlorate spray to the skin for 4 months, measured by epithelial cell and blood serum analysis3
- Watkins K, Josling PD. A pilot study to determine the impact of transdermal magnesium treatment on serum levels and whole body CaMg ratios. The Nutrition Practioner. 2010;14:1-7.
- Lindsy Kass, Andrea Rosanoff, Amy Tanner, Keith Sullivan, William McAuley, Michael Plesset. Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study. PLoS One. 2017;12(4):e0174817.
- Fabio Piccini, Guglielmo Ragazzoni, Laura Valentini, Emanuela Faloia, Pietro Gobbi. Intracellular absorption of transdermal magnesium demonstrated by ESEM-EDS. Italian Journal of Anatomy and Embryology. 2014;119(1):1.
It makes my muscles feel much better within minutes. I use it for chronic muscle pain, and I love that it’s natural and something your body needs anyway.
“I use magnesium chloride that I rub on my legs and arms, it is very good for leg cramps. I used to have them almost every night, been using for over 2 years, very rarely have one. l wouldn’t be without it….
“This liquid has saved my life. I could not absorb magnesium through oral supplements but by rubbing magnesium chloride on my arms and legs twice a day I am now maintaining normal levels of magnesium in my system!”