Absolutely love this product! I hand out as free samples to all my patients! I have used it on my charlie horses, lactic acid build up in my legs as well as sprains and strains! the results are amazing!
Magnesium Chloride Balm w/ Lavender
Topical Magnesium Chloride Balm now with lavender essential oil to relieve muscle pain and more.
naturally sourced concentrated seawater
Topical Magnesium Chloride Balm with Lavender Essential Oil
The latest addition to our Magnesium Chloride line of products, NEW Magnesium Balm with Lavender improves skin while delivering fast-acting topical magnesium.
Magnesium Chloride is made from magnesium chloride in its most natural state, with over 90 other trace minerals not found in lab-produced magnesium chloride.
In this emollient balm, we’ve combined magnesium chloride with natural coconut oil, raw shea butter, lavender essential oil and beeswax.
Magnesium Chloride Balm with Lavender:
- Penetrates through the skin to relieve tension better than Epsom salts
- Helps restore healthy magnesium levels
- Soothes, protects and boosts skin’s moisture retention
Use it anywhere for softer skin or rub Magnesium Chloride Balm with Lavender into areas of muscle pain and tension.
Contains approximately 200 mg of seawater-sourced magnesium chloride per teaspoon.
For full-strength topical magnesium, see our Magnesium Chloride Liquid in the cap top bottle.
Directions for Use
Suggested Use: Smooth into areas of tension or to seal in moisture on the body or face.
Ingredients: Magnesium chloride (concentrated from seawater), fractionated coconut oil, raw shea butter and beeswax.
Contains no fragrance, preservatives or anything artificial.
Dose: Each 1 tsp (5 ml) contains ~200 mg of magnesium, equivalent to ~60mg of elemental magnesium, plus over 90 naturally-occurring trace minerals.
Note that the ‘elemental magnesium’ measurement is most important for determining the dose that may be right for you. We recommend using about 1 tsp of the product for children and at least 2 tsp for adults, topically.
Cautions and Warnings: For external use only. Keep away from the eyes. This product should not cause skin sensitivity; however, should you experience redness, rash or irritation, discontinue use.
Can you really absorb magnesium through the skin?
Consider the evidence from clinical studies:
- A topical magnesium oil with a 31% magnesium concentration applied to the skin and via a foot bath was found to increase cellular magnesium concentration by 59.7% in 89% of study participants, measured through hair analysis1
- In a two-week pilot study, blood serum and urinary magnesium concentration significantly increased in a subgroup of non-athletes following the low-dose application of 56 mg of transdermal magnesium cream per day2
- Intracellular magnesium concentration significantly increased following the application of a topical magnesium chlorate spray to the skin for 4 months, measured by epithelial cell and blood serum analysis3
- Watkins K, Josling PD. A pilot study to determine the impact of transdermal magnesium treatment on serum levels and whole body CaMg ratios. The Nutrition Practioner. 2010;14:1-7.
- Lindsy Kass, Andrea Rosanoff, Amy Tanner, Keith Sullivan, William McAuley, Michael Plesset. Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study. PLoS One. 2017;12(4):e0174817.
- Fabio Piccini, Guglielmo Ragazzoni, Laura Valentini, Emanuela Faloia, Pietro Gobbi. Intracellular absorption of transdermal magnesium demonstrated by ESEM-EDS. Italian Journal of Anatomy and Embryology. 2014;119(1):1.
It makes my muscles feel much better within minutes. I use it for chronic muscle pain, and I love that it’s natural and something your body needs anyway.
“I use magnesium chloride that I rub on my legs and arms, it is very good for leg cramps. I used to have them almost every night, been using for over 2 years, very rarely have one. l wouldn’t be without it….
“This liquid has saved my life. I could not absorb magnesium through oral supplements but by rubbing magnesium chloride on my arms and legs twice a day I am now maintaining normal levels of magnesium in my system!”